Mitchell ties record, No. 18 Buckeye women whip Penn St
Womens College Headlines
- Tennessee Lady Vols forward Lou Brown tears ACL in practice
- Mississippi State women's hoops team aims to take final step
- Vandy's Horrocks to miss start of season for health reasons
- ECU women's basketball coach resigns amid internal review
- Mississippi State picked to win SEC women's basketball title
- Peck leaves Vanderbilt staff, returning to broadcasting
- Notre Dame roster loaded for run at another women's title
- Oregon women picked to repeat as Pac-12 champions
- Vandy staff adds Women's Basketball Hall of Famer DeMoss
- Iowa State eager for freshman Joens brings to court
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Kelsey Mitchell scored 27 points to move into fourth in NCAA history and Stephanie Mavunga and Linnae Harper had double-doubles to lead No. 18 Ohio State past Penn State 94-64 on Wednesday night.
Mitchell has 3,125 points for her career. She made a 3-pointer for the 80th straight game, tying the NCAA record. Her five treys were her most since draining seven on Nov. 24. She also had six rebounds, five assists and two steals.
Mitchell had 12 points in the first quarter as the Buckeyes (18-5, 7-3 Big Ten) used a 14-0 run to grab a 24-10 lead. Mavunga, who finished with 11 rebounds, had 11 of her 19 points in the second quarter and Ohio State had the game under control by the half with a 49-28 lead.
Harper had a season high 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for her third straight double-double. Sierra Calhoun scored 12 points.
Jaida Travascio-Green had 14 points for the Nittany Lions (13-10, 4-6).
Updated January 31, 2018