|4:00 PM PT5:00 PM MT6:00 PM CT7:00 PM ET12:00 PM GMT8:00 PM 北京时间5:00 PM MST7:00 PM EST, Jan 18, 2018
Cassell Coliseum, Blacksburg, Virginia Attendance: 2,365
Gorecki, Brown lead No. 15 Duke women past Va. Tech 86-75
Womens College Headlines
- UConn, Lady Vols to renew rivalry in 2019-20, 2020-21
- Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick receives contract extension
- Column: Advice to Aces should be to show up and play
- Marquette forward Tori McCoy seeks kidney transplant
- Brown University coach charged with assaulting her husband
- Once upon a time these women ruled basketball in Canada
- ACC's all-time leading women's scorer Kennedy-Dixon dies
- Former Penn St women's hoops coach Rene Portland dies at 65
- NCAA announces women's regional hoops sites for 2021, 2022
- USA women's team to hold camp, exhibition in South Carolina
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) Haley Gorecki scored a career-high 28 points, Lexie Brown added 23 to surpass 1,000 for her career and No. 15 Duke defeated Virginia Tech 86-75 on Thursday night.
Gorecki made 7 of 10 3-pointers while Brown reached 1,000 points in 53 games, the second-fastest in history for the Blue Devils (15-4, 4-2 ACC), who won their fourth straight. Brown has 1,013 points with Duke and 1,841 for her career, which includes two seasons at Maryland.
Taylor Emery had 30 points, going 6 of 8 from 3-point range, to lead the Hokies (13-6, 2-4). Alexis Jean had 17 points and Regan Magarity had 13 rebounds to go with six points.
Emery had 17 points in the first half to help Virginia Tech tie the Blue Devils at 37.
Duke went 9 of 10 to start the third quarter and Gorecki had three 3s and a 3-point play. The Blue Devils ended up 12 of 16, including 4 of 6 from distance, to outscore Virginia Tech 31-18, their biggest quarter of the season. Virginia Tech never cut the deficit to single figures in the fourth quarter.
Updated January 18, 2018