Page gives Penn St women 70-67 win over No. 25 Rutgers
Womens College Headlines
- Kentucky center Harrison out indefinitely for health reasons
- Tennessee Lady Vols forward Lou Brown tears ACL in practice
- Mississippi State women's hoops team aims to take final step
- Vandy's Horrocks to miss start of season for health reasons
- ECU women's basketball coach resigns amid internal review
- Mississippi State picked to win SEC women's basketball title
- Peck leaves Vanderbilt staff, returning to broadcasting
- Notre Dame roster loaded for run at another women's title
- Oregon women picked to repeat as Pac-12 champions
- Vandy staff adds Women's Basketball Hall of Famer DeMoss
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) Teniya Page made 4 of 5 free throws with a second left and finished with 34 points to lead Penn State to a 70-67 win over No. 25 Rutgers on Thursday night.
Down 11 with seven minutes to go, the Scarlet Knights rallied behind Tyler Scaife, taking a 65-64 lead on her 3-point play and going up 67-66 on her jumper on the right baseline with 38.7 seconds left.
Page missed a shot with 30 seconds left but Jaida Travascio-Green snared the offensive rebound. The Lady Lions then held for one shot and Page was fouled by Nigia Greene on her game-winning 3-point attempt. The call also drew a technical on Rutgers' bench.
Page made the first free throw to tie the game, and after a miss made her final three. Scaife's 3 at the buzzer was off the mark.
Amari Carter had 10 points and De'Janae Boykin had 10 rebounds for Penn State (12-8, 3-4 Big Ten).
Khadaizha Sanders led Rutgers (17-4, 5-2) with 14 points. Scaife and Stasha Carey had 10, with Carey grabbing 11 rebounds.
Updated January 18, 2018