Cunningham leads No. 11 Mizzou women past Ole Miss 67-48
Womens College Headlines
- Peck leaves Vanderbilt staff, returning to broadcasting
- Notre Dame roster loaded for run at another women's title
- Oregon women picked to repeat as Pac-12 champions
- Vandy staff adds Women's Basketball Hall of Famer DeMoss
- Iowa State eager for freshman Joens brings to court
- Yale women's basketball coach Allison Guth signs extension
- Staley switches from US team to college mode with Gamecocks
- ND, Louisville enter as teams to beat in ACC women's hoops
- College players get education on court at women's World Cup
- San Antonio, Minneapolis, Dallas, Cleveland awarded Final 4s
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) Sophie Cunningham scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and No. 11 Missouri hit 12 3-pointers to roll to a 67-48 win over Mississippi on Thursday night, giving the Tigers their best start in program history.
Hannah Schuchts had a career-best four 3-pointers and tied a career-high with 12 points, and Jordan Frericks had 12 points for the Tigers (16-2, 4-1 Southeastern Conference). Lauren Aldridge had eight assists as the Tigers had helpers on 24 of their 25 baskets.
Amber Smith opened the scoring with a 3-pointer, and after Alissa Alston's basket for Ole Miss, the Tigers reeled off 17 straight points, six by Frericks and the last eight from Cunningham. It was 23-7 by the end of the first quarter, and the Tigers never looked back. Smith had 12 rebounds as the Tigers owned the boards 52-28.
Missouri finished 12 of 27 from distance and shot 42 percent overall.
Promise Taylor, a 6-foot-5 freshman from Issaquah, Washington, had 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting and 13 rebounds for Ole Miss (11-7, 1-4). The Rebels were 3 of 18 behind the arc and shot 30 percent.
Updated January 18, 2018