Canadiens trade Mitchell to Kings for conditional pick
- Preds lock up D Ellis for 8 years, $50M
- Wings re-sign Larkin for $30.5M, 5 years
- Devils re-sign D Santini to 3-year deal
- Devils sign F Rooney to 2-year contract
- Coyotes ink C Dvorak to 6-year extension
MONTREAL (AP) The Montreal Canadiens traded forward Torrey Mitchell to the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday for a 2018 fifth-round conditional draft pick.
If Los Angeles makes the postseason, the Canadiens receive their own 2018 fourth-round pick in 2018 back. It was traded away in the Dwight King deal at last season's trade deadline. Should the Kings miss the playoffs, Montreal receives a fifth-round selection.
The 32-year-old Mitchell was scoreless in 11 games this season for the Canadiens. He had eight goals and nine assists in 78 games last season, and has 61 goals and 80 assists in 617 regular-season games in 10 seasons with San Jose, Minnesota, Buffalo and Montreal.
Updated November 23, 2017