USC quarterback Darnold visiting Browns, who have No. 1 pick
NFL Draft Headlines
- GM: Redskins had 'inside info' on Guice
- Seahawks select one-handed LB Griffin
- Giants take Richmond QB Lauletta in 4th
- Browns take troubled Florida WR Callaway
- Raiders end DT Hurst's fall in 5th round
- Eagles move up for Aussie rugby player
- Cowboys get TE insurance with Schultz
- QB Falk to Titans at famed No. 199 spot
- 'Skins make SMU WR Quinn Mr. Irrelevant
- Newsome gets emotional during last draft
By TOM WITHERS
CLEVELAND (AP) Southern Cal's Sam Darnold is visiting the Cleveland Browns, who are meeting with quarterbacks to potentially draft No. 1 overall.
Darnold is the second top-flight QB this week to visit the team's facility in Berea, Ohio. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma's dynamic Heisman Trophy winner, met with Cleveland's coaches, general manager John Dorsey and front-office executives on Tuesday.
The Browns will host UCLA's Josh Rosen, Wyoming's Josh Allen and Louisville's Lamar Jackson in the coming days.
Darnold is believed to be the favorite to land with Browns, who are coming off a 0-16 season and have spent the most of the past two decades searching for a franchise quarterback.
The 20-year-old Darnold seems to check all the Browns' boxes: He's big (6-foot-3, 221 pounds), played against strong competition and is accurate (65 percent). The major knock on Darnold, who started two seasons for the Trojans, is turnovers. He had 22 last season.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 4, 2018