Charles Oakley plans to play Sunday in Big3 game
NBA Draft Headlines
- Allen ready to embrace new role on Jazz
- Bucks introduce No. 17 pick DiVincenzo
- New Cav Sexton gets Irving's old number
- Ayton arrives as symbol for rising Suns
- Mavs tap brakes on Doncic comparisons
- Knicks' Knox vies to turn boos to cheers
- Hawks nab Young in swap of top-5 picks
- Mizzou's Porter falls to Nuggets at 14
- Kings select Duke's Bagley III at No. 2
- Spartans F Jackson goes to Memphis at 4
NEW YORK (AP) Charles Oakley is checking himself in for the Big3's regular-season finale.
Oakley plans to play for the first time this season on Sunday in Los Angeles, the league says Friday.
The former New York Knicks All-Star is the coach of the Killer 3s, who have been eliminated from contention for the four playoff spots. The team will take on Trilogy, which is unbeaten and defeated Oakley's team in the opening week of games.
Oakley, a rugged rebounder and defender during his 19 NBA seasons, will play alongside Reggie Evans, the Big3's leading rebounder, and reigning player of the week Stephen Jackson.
Oakley reached a deal last week with prosecutors who charged him with striking a security guard at Madison Square Garden when he was arrested for an altercation while watching a Knicks game in February.
Injured Chauncey Billups will coach the Killer 3s on Sunday.
Updated August 11, 2017