Charles Oakley plans to play Sunday in Big3 game
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
NEW YORK (AP) Charles Oakley is checking himself in for the Big3's regular-season finale.
Oakley plans to play for the first time this season on Sunday in Los Angeles, the league says Friday.
The former New York Knicks All-Star is the coach of the Killer 3s, who have been eliminated from contention for the four playoff spots. The team will take on Trilogy, which is unbeaten and defeated Oakley's team in the opening week of games.
Oakley, a rugged rebounder and defender during his 19 NBA seasons, will play alongside Reggie Evans, the Big3's leading rebounder, and reigning player of the week Stephen Jackson.
Oakley reached a deal last week with prosecutors who charged him with striking a security guard at Madison Square Garden when he was arrested for an altercation while watching a Knicks game in February.
Injured Chauncey Billups will coach the Killer 3s on Sunday.
Updated August 11, 2017