Nets to play Thunder, Heat in Mexico City this December
NBA Draft Headlines
- Allen ready to embrace new role on Jazz
- Bucks introduce No. 17 pick DiVincenzo
- New Cav Sexton gets Irving's old number
- Ayton arrives as symbol for rising Suns
- Mavs tap brakes on Doncic comparisons
- Knicks' Knox vies to turn boos to cheers
- Hawks nab Young in swap of top-5 picks
- Mizzou's Porter falls to Nuggets at 14
- Kings select Duke's Bagley III at No. 2
- Spartans F Jackson goes to Memphis at 4
NEW YORK (AP) The Brooklyn Nets will travel to Mexico City in December for two regular-season games as part of the 25th anniversary of the first NBA game in Mexico.
The league announced Wednesday that the Nets and Oklahoma City Thunder will play in Mexico City on Dec. 7. The Nets will play the Miami Heat on Dec. 9. Both games will be in Arena Ciudad de Mexico.
It's all part of the NBA's emphasis on expanding the popularity of basketball in Mexico. Last season, the Phoenix Suns played the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs in Mexico City. The league has played 26 times in Mexico dating back to 1992, the most games held in any country outside of the U.S. and Canada.
The games will be televised on ESPN.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated August 9, 2017