Nets to play Thunder, Heat in Mexico City this December
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
NEW YORK (AP) The Brooklyn Nets will travel to Mexico City in December for two regular-season games as part of the 25th anniversary of the first NBA game in Mexico.
The league announced Wednesday that the Nets and Oklahoma City Thunder will play in Mexico City on Dec. 7. The Nets will play the Miami Heat on Dec. 9. Both games will be in Arena Ciudad de Mexico.
It's all part of the NBA's emphasis on expanding the popularity of basketball in Mexico. Last season, the Phoenix Suns played the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs in Mexico City. The league has played 26 times in Mexico dating back to 1992, the most games held in any country outside of the U.S. and Canada.
The games will be televised on ESPN.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated August 9, 2017