LaVar Ball appears at WWE event, son LaMelo uses slur
NBA Draft Headlines
- New Cav Sexton gets Irving's old number
- Mavs tap brakes on Doncic comparisons
- Ayton arrives as symbol for rising Suns
- Knicks' Knox vies to turn boos to cheers
- Hawks nab Young in swap of top-5 picks
- Mizzou's Porter falls to Nuggets at 14
- Kings select Duke's Bagley III at No. 2
- Spartans F Jackson goes to Memphis at 4
- Magic select Texas C Bamba with 6th pick
- Bulls go big, draft Carter and Hutchison
LOS ANGELES (AP) LaVar Ball has brought his Big Baller Brand from the basketball court to the wrestling ring.
The outspoken father of NBA draft No. 2 pick Lonzo Ball showed up with the newly minted Los Angeles Laker and another son, 15-year-old LaMelo, for a live segment on Monday's "WWE Raw" at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
During the segment, LaMelo Ball twice used a racial slur that was broadcast over the air.
WWE says in a statement to the Los Angeles Times that the language "was not scripted nor reflects WWE's values."
For LaVar Ball's appearance, the ring was decorated with mannequins displaying his Big Baller Brand clothing line. He got in a heated confrontation with WWE wrestler The Miz, and took his shirt off to cheers from the crowd.
Updated June 27, 2017