LAFC re-signs Canadian midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye
European Football Headlines
- Japan star Honda's soccer passion showing in Australia
- FC Cincinnati roster takes shape in MLS expansion draft
- Mary Harvey goes from soccer champ to human rights leader
- Atletico finishes CL group 2nd after 0-0 draw at Club Brugge
- Inter out of Champions League despite 1-1 draw against PSV
- Tottenham advances to CL round of 16 after 1-1 draw at Barca
- English teams edge Italians to advance in Champions League
- Alisson heroics ensure Liverpool through in Champions League
- PSG beats Red Star to reach Champions League knockout stage
- Dortmund secures top spot with 2-0 win at Monaco
LOS ANGELES (AP) Los Angeles FC has signed midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to a three-year contract extension.
LAFC announced the deal Monday. The extension runs through the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 24-year-old Canadian immediately earned a key role during LAFC's successful inaugural season. The unsung signing from Louisville of the USL had a surprisingly large impact as a box-to-box midfielder, getting two goals and five assists while starting 20 of the expansion club's first 21 games.
His season ended in late July due to an ankle injury that required surgery. He should be fully healthy for the 2019 season.
Kaye also has made six appearances for the Canadian national team.
Updated December 3, 2018