Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- Espanyol wins 1st away match to take 2nd spot in Spain
- Egypt's Olympic body ratifies sanctions on Zamalek chief
- Hofmann hat trick as 'Gladbach beats Mainz 4-0 to go 2nd
- Everton wins 3rd straight EPL game with late goals vs Palace
- Montpellier up to 3rd place after win; Saint-Etienne draws
- Keisuke Honda scores in A-League debut before 40,500 fans
- Agent says Usain Bolt has contract offer, coach not aware
- Messi breaks arm as Barcelona regains lead in La Liga
- Messi breaks right forearm, out for about 3 weeks
- Ronaldo scores but Juventus' perfect start ended by Genoa
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018