Timbers extend unbeaten streak to 12 in 0-0 draw at LAFC
European Football Headlines
- UEFA raises women's soccer funding for member federations
- Slovakia coach quits after 2 defeats in Nations League
- US headed to Women's World Cup with 6-0 win over Jamaica
- Canada gets into Women's World Cup with 7-0 win over Panama
- Italy leaves it late to earn 1st competitive win in a year
- Dutch defeat of Germany shows that the future is bright
- Paco Alcacer making most of 2nd chance with Spain
- Wrong anthem, right result for Gibraltar in 1st win
- Penilla has goal, assist in Revs' 2-0 win over Orlando City
- US guards against overconfidence in World Cup qualifying
LOS ANGELES (AP) Jeff Attinella saved Carlos Vela's header in the 94th minute and the Portland Timbers played to a scoreless draw against Los Angeles FC on Sunday.
Attinella finished with six saves for his fifth clean sheet of the season and the Timbers (8-3-6) extended their unbeaten streak to 12 in MLS and 14 in all competitions.
LAFC (10-4-5) goalkeeper Tyler Miller parried away Sebastian Blanco's close-range blast in the 70th minute and had six saves for his sixth shutout of the year.
Lee Nguyen was sent off in the 84th minute when his cleat caught Blanco's leg.
LAFC remained unbeaten at home in all nine matches this season.
The teams will face each other again on Wednesday for the U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals.
Updated July 15, 2018