Croatia president celebrates World Cup win at NATO summit
European Football Headlines
- Madrid starts CL life after Ronaldo with easy win over Roma
- Renato Sanches scores on his Benfica return as Bayern wins
- Ronaldo sent off in 1st Champions League game with Juventus
- Ronaldo sent off but Juventus goes on to win 2-0 at Valencia
- CSKA penalty salvages late point v Plzen in Champions League
- Champions League's youngest coach starts with a draw
- Pogba scores 2 in Man United's 3-0 win at Young Boys
- Man City humbled in 2-1 loss to Lyon in Champions League
- Ireland teams up with UK nations' 2030 World Cup bid plans
- Tagliafico scores twice as Ajax beats AEK Athens 3-0
BRUSSELS (AP) It has been a successful NATO summit for Croatia President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. The World Cup took care of that.
With a come-from-behind 2-1 win over favored England, Grabar-Kitarovic could eat her NATO gala dinner with that bit more gusto late Wednesday.
"We followed the game over dinner," a beaming Grabar-Kitarovic said as she entered the last sessions of the NATO summit early Thursday.
"It was wonderful because all the allies were cheering for all of us, mostly," she said.
She was at the table together with French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday and the two will meet again on Sunday - at the Moscow stadium where France plays Croatia in the final.
"This will be a successful summit and we will win on Sunday," Grabar-Kitarovic confidently predicted.
Updated July 12, 2018