Croatia president celebrates World Cup win at NATO summit
European Football Headlines
- Pulisic captains US in Sarachan finale, 1-0 loss to Italy
- How to qualify for soccer's 2020 European Championship
- Newcomer Kosovo secures playoff spot in Euro 2020 qualifying
- World champion France beats Uruguay to cap successful year
- Neymar picks up apparent groin injury during Brazil friendly
- France forward Mbappe injured vs. Uruguay
- UEFA looks again at video review in Champions League
- Greece investigates display of Nazi symbols at Estonia game
- US to play Costa Rica on Feb. 2 at San Jose, California
- UEFA, Europe's top clubs dismiss threat of new competitions
BRUSSELS (AP) It has been a successful NATO summit for Croatia President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. The World Cup took care of that.
With a come-from-behind 2-1 win over favored England, Grabar-Kitarovic could eat her NATO gala dinner with that bit more gusto late Wednesday.
"We followed the game over dinner," a beaming Grabar-Kitarovic said as she entered the last sessions of the NATO summit early Thursday.
"It was wonderful because all the allies were cheering for all of us, mostly," she said.
She was at the table together with French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday and the two will meet again on Sunday - at the Moscow stadium where France plays Croatia in the final.
"This will be a successful summit and we will win on Sunday," Grabar-Kitarovic confidently predicted.
Updated July 12, 2018