Minnesota United midfielder Molino suffers ACL tear
European Football Headlines
- Chelsea defender Alonso gets 3-match ban for violent conduct
- FIFA closes racism case from Under-17 World Cup final
- Futures uncertain at Borussia Dortmund ahead of crunch games
- Oliveira returns to Japan to coach J-League's Urawa Reds
- Sporting KC hosts hobbled Whitecaps
- Argentina says Aguero is recovering after surgery
- Red Bulls put focus on accommodating fans with special needs
- Ronaldo scores with backheel flick, saves Madrid from loss
- Napoli closes the gap to Juventus ahead of title showdown
- Treble-chasing PSG beats Caen 3-1 to reach French Cup final
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (AP) Minnesota United says midfielder Kevin Molino is not expected to return for the rest of the season after he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.
Molino was hurt in a match against Orlando City on Saturday. He left on a stretcher in the 51st minute. The Loons won 2-1.
The club says Molino will undergo surgery to repair the torn ACL in the coming weeks.
Molino scored twice in the season opener at the San Jose Earthquakes and assisted the first goal at Orlando City.
Updated March 12, 2018