Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Fasting or not, Klopp says Salah 'full of power'
- Young players try to replace Spain's old guard at World Cup
- Champions League final: Salah challenges Ronaldo's supremacy
- Germany's 'golden generation' primed for World Cup defense
- WORLD CUP: Gazza's tears help relaunch English soccer
- 2 detained over brawl before Champions League final
- D.C. United-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Rapids hope to right ship vs. surging Timbers
- Unhappy Rusnak to play for Real Salt Lake vs. Sounders
- Impact, Minnesota United hope to snap skids
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018