Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Atletico beats Bilbao 2-0 to stay within 7 points of Barca
- Gomez scores Stuttgart winner, sends signal to Germany coach
- Nice held to 1-1 home draw by Nantes in French league
- Juve's derby win comes at a cost with Higuain injury
- Benfica routs Boavista 4-0 to take lead in Portugal
- Barcelona wins at Eibar 2-0 before trip to Chelsea in CL
- More wonder from Under: Turkey winger fires Roma's revival
- Man United draws Brighton in FA Cup quarterfinals
- PSG returns to French league comfort zone with 5-2 home win
- Mourinho: VAR calls must be "perfect"
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018