Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- DFB chief regrets leaving Mesut Ozil to face racist attacks
- Rubio's 2 goals help Sporting KC beat Timbers 3-0
- Figueroa, Barrios help FC Dallas beat Minnesota 2-0
- Wondolowski's goal helps Earthquakes to 1-1 tie with Toronto
- Rusnak's late goals help Real Salt Lake beat Dynamo 2-1
- Daniel Royer scores twice, Red Bulls tie Whitecaps 2-2
- Daniel Lovita scores in 90th, Impact edge Fire 2-1
- Messi scores Barcelona's 6,000th league goal
- Sounders top depleted Galaxy 5-0 for record 6th straight win
- Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018