New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- DFB chief regrets leaving Mesut Ozil to face racist attacks
- Rubio's 2 goals help Sporting KC beat Timbers 3-0
- Figueroa, Barrios help FC Dallas beat Minnesota 2-0
- Wondolowski's goal helps Earthquakes to 1-1 tie with Toronto
- Rusnak's late goals help Real Salt Lake beat Dynamo 2-1
- Daniel Royer scores twice, Red Bulls tie Whitecaps 2-2
- Daniel Lovita scores in 90th, Impact edge Fire 2-1
- Messi scores Barcelona's 6,000th league goal
- Sounders top depleted Galaxy 5-0 for record 6th straight win
- Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018