New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- 2 Russian soccer internationals charged after brawls
- French great Henry set for coaching debut with Monaco
- Uruguayan flies 25 hours to score winning goal in Brazil
- UEFA bans Rubin Kazan for 1 year in financial fair play case
- Southampton-Bournemouth Preview
- Fulham-Cardiff City Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Newcastle United Preview
- Liverpool-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Shaw signs new deal at Man U after getting back in favor
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018