New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Fasting or not, Klopp says Salah 'full of power'
- Young players try to replace Spain's old guard at World Cup
- Champions League final: Salah challenges Ronaldo's supremacy
- Germany's 'golden generation' primed for World Cup defense
- WORLD CUP: Gazza's tears help relaunch English soccer
- 2 detained over brawl before Champions League final
- D.C. United-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Rapids hope to right ship vs. surging Timbers
- Unhappy Rusnak to play for Real Salt Lake vs. Sounders
- Impact, Minnesota United hope to snap skids
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018