Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Fasting or not, Klopp says Salah 'full of power'
- Young players try to replace Spain's old guard at World Cup
- Champions League final: Salah challenges Ronaldo's supremacy
- Germany's 'golden generation' primed for World Cup defense
- WORLD CUP: Gazza's tears help relaunch English soccer
- 2 detained over brawl before Champions League final
- D.C. United-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Rapids hope to right ship vs. surging Timbers
- Unhappy Rusnak to play for Real Salt Lake vs. Sounders
- Impact, Minnesota United hope to snap skids
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018