LA Galaxy reach deal with new goalkeeper David Bingham
European Football Headlines
- Fan stabbed near Atletico stadium before Copa del Rey match
- Timbers acquire winger Andy Polo from La Liga club
- West Brom-Everton Preview
- Son of Alex Ferguson in trouble for saying he'd 'shoot' refs
- Walcott leaves Arsenal after 12 years to join Everton
- Newcastle United-Manchester City Preview
- Huddersfield Town-Stoke City Preview
- Manchester United-Burnley Preview
- Liverpool defender gets 12-month community order for assault
- Benevento captain Lucioni banned 1 year for doping
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have signed goalkeeper David Bingham.
The Galaxy announced a new deal with their recent acquisition Wednesday.
Bingham spent the past seven seasons with the San Jose Earthquakes, earning 27 shutouts in 95 starts. He was an MLS All-Star in 2016.
The Galaxy acquired Bingham on Dec. 18 in a deal for $100,000 in general allocation money and $100,000 in targeted allocation money.
Bingham is likely to be the starting goalkeeper for the five-time league champion Galaxy, who are rebuilding their roster after finishing last in the MLS standings last season.
Bingham joins midfielder Perry Kitchen, Norwegian defender Jorgen Skjelvik and Venezuelan defender Rolf Feltscher among the Galaxy's new signings.
Updated January 10, 2018