LA Galaxy reach deal with new goalkeeper David Bingham
European Football Headlines
- Croatia soccer leaders deny WCup final ticket scalping claim
- Southampton-Liverpool Preview
- Manchester City-Cardiff City Preview
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's WCup
- Huddersfield Town-Leicester City Preview
- Watford-Fulham Preview
- Bayern unhappy with opponents' rough style in Bundesliga
- UEFA to judge Cristiano Ronaldo red-card case next week
- Spal -- Capello's 1st club -- is the surprise of Serie A
- Out of a job 3 years ago, Mendy shines in the French league
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have signed goalkeeper David Bingham.
The Galaxy announced a new deal with their recent acquisition Wednesday.
Bingham spent the past seven seasons with the San Jose Earthquakes, earning 27 shutouts in 95 starts. He was an MLS All-Star in 2016.
The Galaxy acquired Bingham on Dec. 18 in a deal for $100,000 in general allocation money and $100,000 in targeted allocation money.
Bingham is likely to be the starting goalkeeper for the five-time league champion Galaxy, who are rebuilding their roster after finishing last in the MLS standings last season.
Bingham joins midfielder Perry Kitchen, Norwegian defender Jorgen Skjelvik and Venezuelan defender Rolf Feltscher among the Galaxy's new signings.
Updated January 10, 2018