LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- MLS All-Star Game headed to Atlanta in 2018
- Girona beats Deportivo to end winless run in Spanish league
- Managing director Schmadtke leaves Cologne by mutual consent
- Ronaldo joins Messi as five-time winner of FIFA player award
- The Latest: Ronaldo wins FIFA player of year for 5th time
- The Latest: Zidane wins FIFA's top coach award at ceremony
- Baroni fired by Serie A basement club Benevento
- Olivier Giroud wins FIFA's top goal award at London ceremony
- Lazio fans leave anti-Semitic stickers of Anne Frank images
- Barcelona's vast stadium gives voice to Catalan separatism
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017