LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Sweden gets benefit of video review, beats South Korea 1-0
- Only 1 of 32 coaches at World Cup is black
- The Latest: Quake news, hotel alarm give Japan rough morning
- Japan team at World Cup troubled by earthquake, hotel alarm
- Uruguay turning to veterans against Saudi Arabia
- 'Iranian Messi' feels at home at World Cup before Spain game
- Russia goalkeeper reluctant to talk about Salah's return
- Forget stylish attacking moves, this is set-piece World Cup
- The Latest: Pogba goal for France now an Australia own goal
- Brazil in an unusual spot after a draw to open World Cup
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017