LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Man United beats Ajax 2-0, wins Europa League
- David Beckham on US Soccer Hall of Fame ballot
- MLS expansion update: Phoenix boost and St. Louis setback
- LAFC makes plan for training complex on Cal State LA campus
- Valverde dismisses deal to coach Barcelona
- Messi loses Supreme Court appeal over tax-fraud conviction
- Security tight ahead of Europa League final in Stockholm
- Man City, FIFA team up for CAS appeal by Velez Sarsfield
- Russia set to reclaim a seat on the FIFA Council
- Hulk scores 1, sets up another as Shanghai SIPG wins
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017