LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Southampton draw does little to dispel drop fears
- Moses sparkles as Chelsea beats Burnley
- Atletico defeat leaves Barcelona on brink of title
- Semifinal abandoned after Besiktas coach injured
- Successive wins for Chelsea, draw not enough for Southampton
- Bocanegra, Hucles to chair USSF technical development group
- Liverpool-West Brom Preview
- Crystal Palace-Watford Preview
- FIFA's handling of racism case sparks Russia World Cup fears
- Italy to face Saudi Arabia in friendly next month
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017