LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Chile and Bravo grind out wins over soccer's superstars
- Chile crush Portugal on penalties to reach Confed Cup final
- Tite: Brazil would have benefited from playing Confed Cup
- A leader at 23, Draxler mentors inexperienced Germany squad
- Not-so-shy Messi tying the knot with childhood sweetheart
- Zenit signs Russia internationals Erokhin and Poloz
- Ins and Outs: Transfer targets lined up in Premier League
- Germany coach wants clarity on Russia football doping claims
- FIFA publishes Garcia report on 2018-2022 World Cup bidding
- Germany beats England on penalties, into U21 Euros final
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017