LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Troubled career of banned soccer player Joey Barton
- Anglo-French soccer fraud probe sees raids on teams, arrests
- Sunderland manager Moyes charged by English FA
- Shanghai reaches knockout stage of Asian Champions League
- Wales defender Taylor banned for 2 games for harsh tackle
- Joey Barton banned for 18 months for betting on soccer
- Milovan Rajevac hired to coach Thailand's national team
- Stakes higher for 3rd showdown between Guardiola, Mourinho
- Costa ends goal drought to help Chelsea open up 7-point lead
- Brazil goalkeeper convicted in murder case returning to jail
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017