LA Galaxy claim Portland F Jack McInerney off waivers
European Football Headlines
- Without Neymar, Messi and Suarez keep Barcelona thriving
- Street footballer Sanchez to provide spark at Man United
- Building a team: LAFC kicks off with its first practice
- Familiar faces abound as Sounders open preseason camp
- FIFA: Video tech 'definitely' at World Cup, finding sponsor
- Inter Milan signs Rafinha on loan to end of season
- Juventus beats Genoa 1-0 to trail Napoli by 1 point
- Liverpool loses at last-place Swansea 1-0 in big EPL shock
- Malaga ends losing streak with 1-1 draw at Eibar in La Liga
- De Bruyne signs new 5-year deal at Man City
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have claimed forward Jack McInerney off waivers from the Portland Timbers.
The Galaxy made the move Tuesday.
McInerney has scored 43 goals while playing for four teams in his Major League Soccer career.
He was drafted by Philadelphia in 2010 and scored 24 goals for the club before getting traded to Montreal in 2014. He also played for Columbus before joining Portland last season.
McInerney scored five goals in 24 games last season for the Timbers, who placed him on waivers last month.
The Galaxy (2-4-0) are a disappointing eighth in the Western Conference. They host defending league champion Seattle on Sunday.
Updated April 18, 2017