American soccer club looks to hire tattoo artist
European Football Headlines
- Bjerregaard wins in Portugal for 1st European Tour title
- Brighton wins 1-0 to end Newcastle's winning streak
- Inconsistent Milan loses at Sampdoria; Inter and Lazio win
- Saint-Etienne held at home by Rennes in French league
- Brighton & Hove Albion 1, Newcastle United 0
- Cologne gets 1st Bundesliga point in 0-0 draw at Hannover
- Kenya loses hosting rights to African soccer tournament
- Bayern forgets Bundesliga troubles with beer at Oktoberfest
- Revs beat Toronto FC 2-1, deny Shield-clinching opportunity
- Impact looks to slow high-scoring Atlanta United
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The Philadelphia Union is creating a new position, off the pitch: chief tattoo officer.
With many players and staff new to Philadelphia, the Major League Soccer team says they could use help finding a good tattoo artist.
The club wants to name a shop or artist as the go-to place for Union players, coaches, staff and even supporters.
Marketing vice president Doug Vosik says the hiring process is underway, and resumes and portfolios are being accepted.
He says the Union wants to partner with someone who can offer a broad range of tattoos.
Updated February 14, 2017