American soccer club looks to hire tattoo artist
European Football Headlines
- Bayern defender Juan Bernat out weeks after ankle surgery
- Chelsea sends Kenedy home from Asia after offensive posts
- Brazil's 1982 World Cup goalkeeper dies after heart attack
- Russian farmer's straw stadium pokes fun at World Cup costs
- Spain's sports court opens disciplinary procedure vs. Villar
- Man United's Bailly gets 3-game UEFA ban, misses Super Cup
- Bernardeschi nears 40 million euro transfer to Juventus
- Jamaica stuns Mexico 1-0 to reach CONCACAF Gold Cup final
- Roldan's 2 quick goals help Sounders beat Quakes 3-0
- Jesse Gonzalez goes with heart, switches from Mexico to US
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The Philadelphia Union is creating a new position, off the pitch: chief tattoo officer.
With many players and staff new to Philadelphia, the Major League Soccer team says they could use help finding a good tattoo artist.
The club wants to name a shop or artist as the go-to place for Union players, coaches, staff and even supporters.
Marketing vice president Doug Vosik says the hiring process is underway, and resumes and portfolios are being accepted.
He says the Union wants to partner with someone who can offer a broad range of tattoos.
Updated February 14, 2017