Jonathan Klinsmann, son of fired coach, on under-20 roster
European Football Headlines
- Jonas scores 2 as Benfica beats Chaves 3-0
- Aguero lifts Man City as Chelsea, Arsenal turn on goal power
- Bordeaux hires Gus Poyet as coach
- Atletico, Valencia stumble in pursuit of leader Barcelona
- De Preville scores as Bordeaux upsets Nantes 1-0
- Sydney extends lead in A-League after shock Newcastle loss
- Defender Umtiti fit for Barcelona after 7 weeks out injured
- Winning start at Stoke for Lambert
- Aguero torments Newcastle with hat trick for Man City
- Hernandez scores as West Ham draws 1-1 with Bournemouth
CHICAGO (AP) California goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann, the son of fired U.S. national coach Jurgen Klinsmann, is among 20 players on the American roster for CONCACAF's Under-20 Championship.
Eleven players are from Major League Soccer teams, with the rest from clubs in England, Spain and Mexico, and from college.
The tournament in Costa Rica serves as qualifying for the Under-20 World Cup. Coach Tab Ramos' team opens against Panama on Feb. 18, plays Haiti three days later and closes the group stage Feb. 24 against Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Goalkeepers: Jonathan Klinsmann (California), JT Marcinkowski (Georgetown).
Defenders: Marlon Fossey (Fulham, England), Justen Glad (Salt Lake), Aaron Herrera (New Mexico), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City), Tommy Redding (Orlando City), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia).
Midfielders: Danny Acosta (Salt Lake), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls), Coy Craft (Dallas), Luca De la Torre (Fulham, England.), Jonathan Gonzalez (Monterrey, Mexico), Jeremiah Gutjahr (Indiana), Jonathan Lewis (New York City), Sebastian Saucedo (Salt Lake), Eryk Williamson (Maryland).
Forwards: Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland), Brooks Lennon (Salt Lake), Emmanuel Sabbi (Las Palmas, Spain).
Updated February 9, 2017