Segura, Mattocks lift DC past Minnesota in battle of Uniteds
European Football Headlines
- Spain doubted again after consecutive Nations League losses
- Kenya loses appeal to be reinstated in Women's African Cup
- AC Milan preparing for new UEFA judgment on FFP violations
- Prosecutor cleared of misconduct in FIFA case, leaves job
- PSG investigation finds 'no proven case of discrimination'
- Pulisic back as US loses 3-0 at England; no goal for Rooney
- Croatia beats Spain 3-2 to throw open Nations League group
- Croatia beats Spain to set up Nations showdown with England
- No goal for Wayne Rooney in 120th, final England appearance
- Firsts for Sane, Suele as Germany beats Russia in friendly
WASHINGTON (AP) Ulises Segura and Darren Mattocks scored in a 4-minute span in the second half in D.C. United's 2-1 victory over Minnesota United on Wednesday night.
Segura tied in the 65th minute and Mattocks gave D.C. United (9-11-7) the lead in the 69th off Joseph Mora's centering pass. The game was the first of seven straight at home for the Washington club.
Angelo Rodriguez opened the scoring for Minnesota (9-15-2) in the 47th minute. The Loons have a six-game winless streak.
Updated September 12, 2018