NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Real Madrid leads La Liga thanks to goal on video review
- Gervinho thriving at Parma with stunning goal vs Cagliari
- English League One game off after volunteer's cardiac arrest
- Lille off to best French league start in 66 years
- Wolverhampton spoils Ferguson's Man U homecoming in EPL
- Spanish soccer divided over league plan to hold game in US
- Kane ends 5-game scoring slump as Spurs beat Brighton 2-1
- Pulisic again rescues 10-man Dortmund from first defeat
- Palace's Wan-Bissaka struck by bottle in Newcastle draw
- Burnley earn first EPL win by crushing Bournemouth 4-0
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018