Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Leverkusen gets 1st Bundesliga win after losing opening 3
- Sarri needs 'maybe 1 year' as Chelsea's perfect start ends
- Germany lacked 'drive' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Neymar gives jersey to crying boy as PSG beats Rennes 3-1
- Insigne scores twice as Napoli beats Torino 3-1 in Serie A
- Real Madrid president against Liga plan to play game in US
- Ben Yedder hits hat trick in Sevilla's 6-2 win at Levante
- Weston McKennie out with 'severe muscle contusion' in leg
- Cristian Penilla's late goal helps Revolution tie Fire 2-2
- New York City FC ties Montreal 1-1
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018