NYCFC, Atlanta United play to 1-1 draw
European Football Headlines
- Neymar returns to training, Brazil guarantees he's ready
- Sampaoli: Messi 'shouldn't shoulder all the responsibility'
- The Latest: Argentina coach says Messi gets too much blame
- Ronaldo scores in Portugal's 1-0 win, Morocco eliminated
- Fans at World Cup criticized for videos disrespecting women
- Burger King says sorry for Russian World Cup pregnancy ad
- Soccer amid ruins: World Cup inspires unusual fields in Peru
- Changes coming to Colombia's team at World Cup after loss
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
- The Latest: Rodriguez not in Colombia lineup against Japan
NEW YORK (AP) Alexander Callens tied it in the 77th minute and New York City FC settled for a 1-1 draw with Atlanta United on Saturday in a matchup of two of the top Eastern Conference teams.
Callens scored on a header to finish David Villa's header flick of Maximiliano Moralez's corner.
NYCFC (8-3-4) had two shots crash off the post after the 80th minute and finished the game with a 10-2 advantage in shots on target.
Josef Martinez opened the scoring for Atlanta United (9-3-3) in the 48th minute with his league-leading 13th goal of the season.
Brad Guzan had nine saves for Atlanta United.
Updated June 9, 2018