Ibrahimovic scores 2 goal, Galaxy beats Real Salt Lake 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Neymar returns to training, Brazil guarantees he's ready
- Sampaoli: Messi 'shouldn't shoulder all the responsibility'
- The Latest: Argentina coach says Messi gets too much blame
- Ronaldo scores in Portugal's 1-0 win, Morocco eliminated
- Fans at World Cup criticized for videos disrespecting women
- Burger King says sorry for Russian World Cup pregnancy ad
- Soccer amid ruins: World Cup inspires unusual fields in Peru
- Changes coming to Colombia's team at World Cup after loss
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
- The Latest: Rodriguez not in Colombia lineup against Japan
CARSON, Calif. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat Real Salt Lake 3-0 on Saturday night
Salt Lake City (7-6-1) had its three-game win streak snapped.
Ibrahimovic put away a header in the 61st minute to open the scoring. Goalkeeper Nick Rimando's punch of a cross by Chris Pontius deflected directly to Ibrahimovic for the point-plank finish into an empty net. Moments earlier, Salt Lake City's Justen Glad blocked what looked like a certain goal for the Galaxy, slipping behind a pair of L.A. players to deflect it at the goal line.
Ibrahimovic outdueled Glad at the top of the 6-yard box and side-netter a header off an entry by Servando Carrasco from 35-yards out to give the Galaxy (5-7-2) a 2-0 lead in the 67th.
Ola Kamara rolled a left-footer past Rimando from the top of the area to cap the scoring in the 77th minute.
Updated June 10, 2018