Ibrahimovic scores 2 goal, Galaxy beats Real Salt Lake 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Messi breaks arm as Barcelona regains lead in La Liga
- Messi breaks right forearm, out for about 3 weeks
- Ronaldo scores but Juventus' perfect start ended by Genoa
- Even without Neymar, French leader PSG routs Amiens 5-0
- Leicester City-Arsenal Preview
- Bayern ends winless streak, Dortmund continues to impress
- Salah scores in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Huddersfield in EPL
- Box-office Mourinho center of attention again in EPL
- Newcastle drops to last in EPL after losing to Brighton 1-0
- Cardiff beats Fulham 4-2 for first EPL win, moves off bottom
CARSON, Calif. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored twice to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat Real Salt Lake 3-0 on Saturday night
Salt Lake City (7-6-1) had its three-game win streak snapped.
Ibrahimovic put away a header in the 61st minute to open the scoring. Goalkeeper Nick Rimando's punch of a cross by Chris Pontius deflected directly to Ibrahimovic for the point-plank finish into an empty net. Moments earlier, Salt Lake City's Justen Glad blocked what looked like a certain goal for the Galaxy, slipping behind a pair of L.A. players to deflect it at the goal line.
Ibrahimovic outdueled Glad at the top of the 6-yard box and side-netter a header off an entry by Servando Carrasco from 35-yards out to give the Galaxy (5-7-2) a 2-0 lead in the 67th.
Ola Kamara rolled a left-footer past Rimando from the top of the area to cap the scoring in the 77th minute.
Updated June 10, 2018