FC Dallas gets 2-0 win over Montreal for fourth straight win
European Football Headlines
- Rubio's 2 goals help Sporting KC beat Timbers 3-0
- Figueroa, Barrios help FC Dallas beat Minnesota 2-0
- Wondolowski's goal helps Earthquakes to 1-1 tie with Toronto
- Rusnak's late goals help Real Salt Lake beat Dynamo 2-1
- Daniel Royer scores twice, Red Bulls tie Whitecaps 2-2
- Daniel Lovita scores in 90th, Impact edge Fire 2-1
- Messi scores Barcelona's 6,000th league goal
- Sounders top depleted Galaxy 5-0 for record 6th straight win
- Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve
- Ronaldo relies on teammates for winning league start at Juve
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Mauro Diaz scored and FC Dallas beat the Montreal Impact 2-0 on Saturday night for its fourth straight victory.
Montreal's Matteo Mancuso put Dallas up 1-0 with an own goal in the fifth minute. The ball ricocheted off his head when a teammate attempted to clear Diaz's indirect free kick with his own header.
Dallas was initially ruled offside on the play, but after video review, the goal stood when Montreal was determined to have made first contact. Diaz scored for Dallas (14-7-1) in the 18th minute on a penalty kick after Maxi Urruti drew a penalty on Rudy Camacho in the box.
Montreal (4-11-0) nearly avoided the shutout when Mancosu banged a shot off the post from the right side of the box at the 50th minute just before halftime. The Impact have scored just once in their last five contests.
Updated June 9, 2018