Muyl's 2nd-half goal gives Red Bulls 1-1 draw with Crew
European Football Headlines
- Messi breaks arm as Barcelona regains lead in La Liga
- Messi breaks right forearm, out for about 3 weeks
- Ronaldo scores but Juventus' perfect start ended by Genoa
- Even without Neymar, French leader PSG routs Amiens 5-0
- Leicester City-Arsenal Preview
- Bayern ends winless streak, Dortmund continues to impress
- Salah scores in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Huddersfield in EPL
- Box-office Mourinho center of attention again in EPL
- Newcastle drops to last in EPL after losing to Brighton 1-0
- Cardiff beats Fulham 4-2 for first EPL win, moves off bottom
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Alex Muyl tied it with a header in the 57th minute and the New York Red Bulls held on for a 1-1 draw with the Columbus Crew on Saturday.
Muyl scored for the Red Bulls (7-4-2) on Marc Rzatkowski's corner, beating backup goalkeeper Jon Kempin to the ball and heading it over the top of Kempin for the goal. Kempin replaced Crew (7-3-4) starter Zack Steffen who was on international duty for the U.S. men's national team in its friendly against France on Saturday.
Gyasi Zardes opened the scoring with his 10th goal of the season in the 26th minute with a strong header to finish Harrison Afful's looping cross from the end line.
Columbus extended its unbeaten streak to nine.
Updated June 9, 2018