Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- US wins CONCACAF qualifying final 2-0 over Canada
- Sporting Kansas City beats Vancouver Whitecaps 4-1
- Rodriguez, Sounders beat Orlando City, clinch playoff berth
- Rooney, Hamid help DC United beat Toronto FC 1-0
- Jamaica earns World Cup trip on penalties after draw
- Jaguars, Fulham owner Khan drops divisive Wembley bid
- Olympiakos' Fortounis gets ban for obscene celebration
- West Ham suspends coach after marching with right-wing group
- Sargent scores, US gives up late goal in 1-1 tie with Peru
- FA looks into claims about Shad Khan team amid Wembley sale
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018