Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- PSV wins 3-2 away at BATE in Champions League qualifying
- Italian soccer body promises to punish Lazio for sexist fans
- Usain Bolt trains for 1st time with Central Coast Mariners
- Hillsborough charges dropped against former police chief
- Real Madrid loans teenager Odegaard to Vitesse
- Ajax midfielder Nouri's condition improving, brother says
- Beckham to get UEFA award for soccer, humanitarian work
- UEFA president Ceferin formally nominated for re-election
- Pogba's future at Man United mired in uncertainty
- BUNDESLIGA 2018-19: Guide to the promoted teams
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018