Lamah, Diaz help FC Dallas beat the Galaxy 3-2
European Football Headlines
- US wins CONCACAF qualifying final 2-0 over Canada
- Sporting Kansas City beats Vancouver Whitecaps 4-1
- Rodriguez, Sounders beat Orlando City, clinch playoff berth
- Rooney, Hamid help DC United beat Toronto FC 1-0
- Jamaica earns World Cup trip on penalties after draw
- Jaguars, Fulham owner Khan drops divisive Wembley bid
- Olympiakos' Fortounis gets ban for obscene celebration
- West Ham suspends coach after marching with right-wing group
- Sargent scores, US gives up late goal in 1-1 tie with Peru
- FA looks into claims about Shad Khan team amid Wembley sale
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Roland Lamah scored two goals and Mauro Diaz had three assists to help FC Dallas beat the Los Angeles Galaxy 3-2 on Saturday.
Maximiliano Urruti rifled a right-footer inside the near post past a diving David Bingham to give FC Dallas (4-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 28th minute. Diaz tapped it to Urruti, who dribbled around a defender and finished from well outside the area.
Lamah doubled the advantage in the 44th, side-netting a feed from Diaz. Lamah, who perfectly timed his run, slipped behind the defense and put away a through-ball, which split two defenders, from Diaz.
Ola Kamara scored in the 47th minute to trim the Galaxy's deficit to 2-1, but Lamah headed home a high cross from Diaz in the 52nd before L.A.'s Emmanuel Boateng capped the scoring in the 83rd minute.
Los Angeles (3-6-1) has lost four consecutive games.
FC Dallas' Reto Ziegler got his second yellow card for unsporting behavior and left the game in the 73rd.
Updated May 12, 2018