Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- PSV wins 3-2 away at BATE in Champions League qualifying
- Italian soccer body promises to punish Lazio for sexist fans
- Usain Bolt trains for 1st time with Central Coast Mariners
- Hillsborough charges dropped against former police chief
- Real Madrid loans teenager Odegaard to Vitesse
- Ajax midfielder Nouri's condition improving, brother says
- Beckham to get UEFA award for soccer, humanitarian work
- UEFA president Ceferin formally nominated for re-election
- Pogba's future at Man United mired in uncertainty
- BUNDESLIGA 2018-19: Guide to the promoted teams
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018