Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- US wins CONCACAF qualifying final 2-0 over Canada
- Sporting Kansas City beats Vancouver Whitecaps 4-1
- Rodriguez, Sounders beat Orlando City, clinch playoff berth
- Rooney, Hamid help DC United beat Toronto FC 1-0
- Jamaica earns World Cup trip on penalties after draw
- Jaguars, Fulham owner Khan drops divisive Wembley bid
- Olympiakos' Fortounis gets ban for obscene celebration
- West Ham suspends coach after marching with right-wing group
- Sargent scores, US gives up late goal in 1-1 tie with Peru
- FA looks into claims about Shad Khan team amid Wembley sale
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018