Zusi's goal lifts Sporting KC to 2-2 draw with Sounders
European Football Headlines
- FIFA leader Infantino wins SE Asia support for re-election
- Valencia forward Guedes out 2 months after abdomen surgery
- Leganes extends unbeaten run after 0-0 draw at Celta in Liga
- Wolfsburg extends Nuremberg's winless run in Bundesliga
- Manchester United-Liverpool Preview
- Toronto FC sends backup goalkeeper Clint Irwin to Colorado
- Boca Juniors not renewing contract of coach Barros Schelotto
- Violent Eintracht fans create disorder at Lazio match
- AEK Athens to compensate Bayern fans for high ticket prices
- Chelsea-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) Graham Zusi and Ilie Sanchez scored to help Sporting Kansas City tie the Seattle Sounders 2-2 on Sunday.
Zusi slipped behind the defense and ran onto a long well-played ball from Jimmy Medranda before chipping it over a sliding defender and goalkeeper Stefan Frei in the 78th minute.
Ilie Sanchez converted from the spot to give Sporting (4-1-1) a 1-0 lead in the 34th minute after Johnny Russell drew a foul in the area against Nouhou Tolo.
Will Bruin scored Seattle's first goal of the season, making it 1-1 in the third minute of first-half stoppage time. Nicolas Lodeiro's long throw-in was headed by Chad Marshall on the left side of the box to Bruin, who tapped it in with the outside of his foot from point-blank range. Christian Roldan gave the Sounders (0-3-1) a 2-1 lead in the 73rd with a low one-timer from the top of the box off a feed from Bruin.
Frei made a diving stop of a slow roller by Roger Espinosa in the first minute of injury time.
Seattle snapped a four-game road scoreless streak, the longest in club history.
Sporting is unbeaten in its last five.
Updated April 15, 2018