Hyka's late goal lifts Earthquakes to 2-2 tie with Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Salah magic leads Liverpool to 5-2 win over Roma in CL semis
- Oxlade-Chamberlain sustains bad injury, doubt for World Cup
- Zimbabwe referee says he was offered bribe to fix game
- Man attacked outside Anfield before Liverpool-Roma game
- Semifinal meeting between Bayern and Madrid rich in history
- Linesman has flag trouble in Champions League game
- WORLD CUP: Salah can rouse Egypt after 28-year wait
- WORLD CUP: Uruguay striker Suarez seeking redemption
- WORLD CUP: Coaching changes unsettle lowest-ranked Saudis
- WORLD CUP: Injuries, dull style a concern for host Russia
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Jahmir Hyka scored in the closing minutes to help the San Jose Earthquakes to a 2-2 draw with the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night.
Hyka, in his first MLS action of the season, came on in the 67th minute and first-timed a feed from Quincy Amarikwa to make it 2-2 in the 85th. Florian Jungwirth's cross from the right flank floated through the box to Amarikwa, who tapped it to Hyka for the finish - which deflected off defender Adolfo Machado.
Marcus Eriksson scored his second goal in two games to give San Jose (1-2-2) a 1-0 lead in the 26th, one-timing Jackson Yueill's pass into the bottom-left corner of the net from the top of the box.
Tomas Martinez scored in the opening minutes of the second half and Mauro Manotas tapped in a sliding finish of Alberth Elis' cross from point-blank range to give Houston a 2-1 lead in the 63rd minute.
The Dynamo (1-2-2) have just one win in their last 20 MLS road games.
Updated April 15, 2018