Hyka's late goal lifts Earthquakes to 2-2 tie with Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- FIFA president still not keen on US hosting Spanish league
- Kashima ends China interest in Asian Champs League quarters
- AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea headline 48 Europa League teams
- Derby coach Frank Lampard fined for arguing with officials
- Jaroslav Silhavy named new Czech Republic coach
- Arsenal CEO Gazidis joins Milan in soccer boardroom transfer
- Ralston will manage Quakes at home vs. Atlanta United
- Union trying to snap Sounders' nine-game winning streak
- Probable playoff-bound Crew resting some vs. Timbers
- Girona halts Celta's run in Spanish league
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Jahmir Hyka scored in the closing minutes to help the San Jose Earthquakes to a 2-2 draw with the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night.
Hyka, in his first MLS action of the season, came on in the 67th minute and first-timed a feed from Quincy Amarikwa to make it 2-2 in the 85th. Florian Jungwirth's cross from the right flank floated through the box to Amarikwa, who tapped it to Hyka for the finish - which deflected off defender Adolfo Machado.
Marcus Eriksson scored his second goal in two games to give San Jose (1-2-2) a 1-0 lead in the 26th, one-timing Jackson Yueill's pass into the bottom-left corner of the net from the top of the box.
Tomas Martinez scored in the opening minutes of the second half and Mauro Manotas tapped in a sliding finish of Alberth Elis' cross from point-blank range to give Houston a 2-1 lead in the 63rd minute.
The Dynamo (1-2-2) have just one win in their last 20 MLS road games.
Updated April 15, 2018