Hyka's late goal lifts Earthquakes to 2-2 tie with Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- FC Cincinnati roster takes shape in MLS expansion draft
- Mary Harvey goes from soccer champ to human rights leader
- Atletico finishes CL group 2nd after 0-0 draw at Club Brugge
- Inter out of Champions League despite 1-1 draw against PSV
- Tottenham advances to CL round of 16 after 1-1 draw at Barca
- English teams edge Italians to advance in Champions League
- Alisson heroics ensure Liverpool through in Champions League
- PSG beats Red Star to reach Champions League knockout stage
- Dortmund secures top spot with 2-0 win at Monaco
- LAFC trades No. 1 pick Moutinho to Orlando for El-Munir
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Jahmir Hyka scored in the closing minutes to help the San Jose Earthquakes to a 2-2 draw with the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night.
Hyka, in his first MLS action of the season, came on in the 67th minute and first-timed a feed from Quincy Amarikwa to make it 2-2 in the 85th. Florian Jungwirth's cross from the right flank floated through the box to Amarikwa, who tapped it to Hyka for the finish - which deflected off defender Adolfo Machado.
Marcus Eriksson scored his second goal in two games to give San Jose (1-2-2) a 1-0 lead in the 26th, one-timing Jackson Yueill's pass into the bottom-left corner of the net from the top of the box.
Tomas Martinez scored in the opening minutes of the second half and Mauro Manotas tapped in a sliding finish of Alberth Elis' cross from point-blank range to give Houston a 2-1 lead in the 63rd minute.
The Dynamo (1-2-2) have just one win in their last 20 MLS road games.
Updated April 15, 2018