Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores, Galaxy beat Fire 1-0
European Football Headlines
- FC Cincinnati roster takes shape in MLS expansion draft
- Mary Harvey goes from soccer champ to human rights leader
- Atletico finishes CL group 2nd after 0-0 draw at Club Brugge
- Inter out of Champions League despite 1-1 draw against PSV
- Tottenham advances to CL round of 16 after 1-1 draw at Barca
- English teams edge Italians to advance in Champions League
- Alisson heroics ensure Liverpool through in Champions League
- PSG beats Red Star to reach Champions League knockout stage
- Dortmund secures top spot with 2-0 win at Monaco
- LAFC trades No. 1 pick Moutinho to Orlando for El-Munir
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored in his first MLS start and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Chicago Fire 1-0 on Saturday.
Ibrahimovic headed home Ashley Cole's deep diagonal cross in the first minute of first-half stoppage time. The Swedish forward played as a substitute in his first two appearances for the Galaxy (3-2-1). He has three goals in 127 minutes.
Galaxy goalkeeper David Bingham made four saves to preserve his second clean sheet of the season.
The Fire dropped to 1-3-1.
Updated April 14, 2018