Rossi scores twice, LAFC rout Real Salt Lake 5-1
European Football Headlines
- Eye for goal: Firmino recovers to seal Liverpool win vs PSG
- Rio to host Copa America final; Sao Paulo gets opener
- Messi scores another hat trick, Mbappe's mistake sinks PSG
- Pulisic back to shoot Dortmund to 1-0 win on 20th birthday
- Porto earns 1-1 draw at Schalke in Champions League opener
- Messi scores record 8th Champions League hat trick
- Mourinho asks players to be like Federer ahead of Swiss game
- Inter marks Champs League return with win over Tottenham
- Galatasaray beats Lokomotiv on return to Champions League
- Red Star holds Napoli to 0-0 draw in Champions League
SANDY, Utah (AP) Diego Rossi scored two goals on Saturday and Los Angeles FC stayed undefeated as a franchise with a 5-1 rout of Real Salt Lake.
LAFC (2-0-0) secured the lead with a quick pair of first-half goals. Rossi evened it at 1-all in the 30th minute, slipping behind defender Demar Phillips, settling Marco Urena's pass and slotting a right-footed shot over Nick Rimando's outstretched leg. Latif Blessing made it 2-1 for LAFC in the 33rd, finishing a three-pass combo in the area with a tap-in.
Benny Feilhaber sent a right-footed shot through Rimando's legs in the 47th minute. Rossi scored on a breakaway in the 81st, his third goal of the season, and Carlos Vela capped the scoring with a right-footed chip from the top of the area five minutes later.
Joao Plata gave RSL (0-1-1) the early lead in the 20th minute with a follow-up volley on his own saved penalty attempt.
Real Salt Lake conceded five goals at home for the first time in franchise history.
Updated March 10, 2018