Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Benfica routs Boavista 4-0 to take lead in Portugal
- Barcelona wins at Eibar 2-0 before trip to Chelsea in CL
- More wonder from Under: Turkey winger fires Roma's revival
- Man United draws Brighton in FA Cup quarterfinals
- PSG returns to French league comfort zone with 5-2 home win
- Mourinho: VAR calls must be "perfect"
- Rodchenkov: Gov't order to protect doped Russian footballers
- PAOK beats Lamia 2-0 and keeps Greek league lead
- Lewandowski rescues late 2-1 win for Bayern in Wolfsburg
- Southampton pile on misery for West Brom in FA Cup
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017