Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Dempsey scores first goal of season, Sounders tie Fire, 1-1
- Hoesen, Tarbell help 'Quakes to 1-1 tie with Real Salt Lake
- Smith's stoppage-time goal helps Rapids snap skid
- Shelton's late goal helps Sporting KC beat Dynamo 3-2
- Piatti, own goal help Impact beat Orlando City 2-0
- Wright-Phillips, Robles help Red Bulls beat FC Dallas
- Dockal scores twice as Union beat Whitecaps 4-0, snap skid
- Sweden has a lot to be upset about after last-minute loss
- Correction: WCup-Panama-Henriquez story
- The Latest: England-Panama game could decide World Cup group
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017