Silva helps Real Salt Lake run unbeaten streak to 6
European Football Headlines
- Barcelona sues Neymar for $10M signing bonus
- Surging Timbers hope to avoid trap vs. Rapids
- San Jose, Real Salt Lake battle for playoff position
- Jedinak cut from Australia squad for World Cup qualifiers
- Silva setback: Watford loses in cup to 2nd-tier Bristol City
- Champions League: In-demand Insigne nets as Napoli advances
- Shorthanded Galaxy set to visit Crew
- Texas Derby holds added significance for Dynamo, FC Dallas
- Union face tough opponent in MLS-best Toronto FC
- Shanghai beats Guangzhou in Asian CL quarterfinal first leg
WASHINGTON (AP) Luis Silva scored with a sudden strike in the 64th minute to lift Real Salt Lake to a 1-0 victory over D.C. United on Sunday night in a match that was carried over from Saturday.
The game was halted in the 29th minute on Saturday because of a severe thunderstorm that put the field under water.
Silva intercepted a soft clearing pass near the top of the box and caught the ball on the bounce, volleying it into the far top corner for his second goal of the season to help RSL continue its second-half playoff push. Salt Lake (8-12-5) has three wins and three ties in its last six games and has moved with three points of sixth place in the Western Conference with its first win in 11 matches at RFK Stadium since 2005.
Nick Rimando had three saves for his sixth shutout.
D.C. United (5-15-4) has been blanked a league-high six times at home.
Updated August 13, 2017