Meram, Crew rally for 3-1 win over Fire
European Football Headlines
- MLS has full slate of games at the same time on Decision Day
- Neymar off as Cavani rescues PSG with late goal in 2-2 draw
- Asensio leads Madrid past Eibar, Atletico ends slump
- Bas Dost scores hat trick as Sporting thrashes Chaves 5-1
- Bonucci's red card could end up costing Montella his job
- Mewis scores twice and US women beat South Korea 6-0
- Olympiakos beats Greek leader PAOK 1-0 to trail by 1 point
- Cologne, Bremen's wait for 1st Bundesliga win continues
- Kane scores twice as Tottenham beats Liverpool 4-1 in PL
- Brazil comes from behind to beat Germany in quarterfinals
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram scored in the 73rd minute to help the Columbus Crew beat the Chicago Fire 3-1 on Saturday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
Meram, with the outside of his right foot, tapped home a cross by Waylon Francis to give Columbus (11-12-2) its first lead. Wil Trapp perfectly placed a long, arcing pass down the left side to Francis, who fed Meram at the top of the 6-yard box for the finish.
Michael de Leeuw gave the Fire a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute, but Kekuta Manneh chipped a loose ball over the sliding Matt Lampson to tie it in the 18th. Ola Kamara capped the scoring in the 88th minute, converting from the spot after drawing a penalty on Lampson, who came well off his line to challenge Kamara on a breakaway.
Chicago (12-6-5) has lost three of its last four after an 11-match unbeaten streak.
Updated August 12, 2017