Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Watford-Crystal Palace Preview
- Chelsea-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Stoke City-Burnley Preview
- PAOK thrashes Panathinaikos 4-0 in Greek league
- Messi, Suarez strike after Villarreal reduced to 10 men
- Record-setting City wins derby for 11-point lead in EPL
- Porto striker Aboubakar gets hat trick in 5-0 win at Setubal
- Napoli draws 0-0 against Fiorentina, fails to go back top
- Sporting KC sends Oliveira, Pasher to Atlanta for Jones, GK
- Already through, Besiktas beats Leipzig in Champions League
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017