Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- St. Petersburg arena hurries to lay new field for Confed Cup
- Mainz parts ways with coach Schmidt after difficult season
- Nonstop celebrations for Madrid after winning league title
- US earns late point against Ecuador at U20 World Cup
- Russia loses injured Dzagoev, Fernandes ahead of Confed Cup
- Ajax team aims to relive past glories in Europa League final
- Man United's season hinges on winning Europa League final
- Keisuke Honda says he will leave AC Milan
- Kroenke says Arsenal not for sale after Usmanov bid
- Barcelona and the Spanish league that got away
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017