Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Herrera sends Man United into FA Cup final with win vs Spurs
- Roma beats Spal 3-0 ahead of Liverpool semi in CL
- Domenech, Matthaeus among coaches to apply for Cameroon job
- Valencia held again in Spanish league, ties Celta Vigo 1-1
- Marseille crushes Lille 5-1 to keep pressure on Monaco
- Crystal Palace edges closer to survival with draw at Watford
- Hamburger SV keeps alive survival hopes in Bundesliga
- Salah shares scoring record as Liverpool held by West Brom
- UEFA: Europa League trophy not damaged after being stolen
- Malawi under-20 player dies in Portugal of suspected malaria
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017