Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Arsenal lands $280M+ Emirates shirt sponsorship extension
- Messi aims to score against Chelsea at 9th attempt
- Porto routs Rio Ave 5-0 to restore lead in Portugal
- Real Madrid defender Marcelo injured at Betis
- Thauvin scores again as 3rd-placed Marseille beats Bordeaux
- Atletico stays in touch with Barca, Madrid wins 5-3 at Betis
- AEK beats Xanthi 4-0, keeps 2nd place in Greek league
- Juve win is costly with Higuain, Bernardeschi injuries
- Rochdale scores late vs Spurs to set up Wembley replay
- Reus scores winner for Dortmund at 'Gladbach
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017