Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Man United thrashes Swansea in 2nd straight 4-0 win
- Kashima beats Shimizu S-Pulse 1-0 to keep lead in J-League
- Valeri scores, Timbers beat the Red Bulls 2-0
- Fire attempt to slow league-leading Toronto FC
- First-place Dynamo seek first win ever in Vancouver
- Colorado interim coach Cooke makes debut vs. D.C. United
- Sporting KC puts home mark on line vs. FC Dallas
- Red-hot Impact to test mettle of surging Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes aim to add to Union's road woes
- Newcastle United-Huddersfield Town Preview
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017