Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Former FIFA boss Blatter revels in visit to Putin, World Cup
- The Latest: Schone replaces Kvist for Denmark vs Australia
- Messi dogged by Ronaldo, history as Argentina meets Croatia
- St. Petersburg's white nights light up fans' World Cup
- Sweden with chance to take out another big name: Germany
- Caretaker Hierro leaving his mark on Spain at World Cup
- Dele Alli misses training for England at World Cup
- After only 2 matches, Egypt eliminated from World Cup
- Iran staff member hospitalized during Spain game
- Burger King says sorry for Russian World Cup pregnancy ad
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017