Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Earthquakes fire coach Kinnear, promote ex-player Leitch
- FIFA's video review system under scrutiny again in Russia
- Saief, Dwyer, Rolda and Rowe among US Gold Cup newcomers
- Germany reaches Confed Cup semis amid more replay confusion
- Chile draws with Australia to reach Confed Cup semifinals
- Brazilian super-volunteer is back -- at her 2nd Confed Cup
- Russia has reasons for optimism despite Confed Cup exit
- Kashiwa Reysol maintains J-League lead with win over Sapporo
- European champion Portugal is not only about Ronaldo
- Timbers meet rival Sounders again
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017