Picault, Ilsinho score in streaking Union's win over Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- Napoli's perfect start in Italy ends in 0-0 draw with Inter
- Melbourne City stays unbeaten atop A-League
- Crew, NYCFC to battle for playoff spots
- Sporting KC seeks top-4 slot vs. desperate RSL
- Union, Orlando City SC look to future
- Plenty on line for Fire, Dynamo
- Barcelona holds off Malaga and regains cushion atop La Liga
- Sending Bernier out a winner goal for Impact
- Toronto FC chasing history, Atlanta vying for seeding
- Argentina coach calls up Aguero and leaves Higuain out again
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Fabrice-Jean Picault and Ilsinho scored, Chris Pontius had two assists and the Philadelphia Union beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
Philadelphia (3-4-4) is unbeaten in five straight, with four straight shutouts by goalkeeper Andre Blake. Houston (6-4-1) dropped to 0-4 on the road with just two goals, both coming in its first match against Portland.
Picault jumped through the center of the box to head Pontius' cross off the crossbar and into the net in the 17th minute. Ilsinho scored his first goal of the season in the 38th minute, sneaking through the center of the defense to beat goalkeeper Joe Willis from the penalty spot.
The Dynamo had a good scoring chance in the 40th minute, but Blake dove to his right to deny Mauro Manotas' breakaway shot.
Updated May 17, 2017