Earthquakes, Orlando City FC play to 1-1 draw
European Football Headlines
- Herrera sends Man United into FA Cup final with win vs Spurs
- Roma beats Spal 3-0 ahead of Liverpool semi in CL
- Domenech, Matthaeus among coaches to apply for Cameroon job
- Valencia held again in Spanish league, ties Celta Vigo 1-1
- Marseille crushes Lille 5-1 to keep pressure on Monaco
- Crystal Palace edges closer to survival with draw at Watford
- Hamburger SV keeps alive survival hopes in Bundesliga
- Salah shares scoring record as Liverpool held by West Brom
- UEFA: Europa League trophy not damaged after being stolen
- Malawi under-20 player dies in Portugal of suspected malaria
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Carlos Rivas scored in the 80th minute for Orlando City FC, and Chris Wondolowski tied it three minutes later for the San Jose Earthquakes as the clubs played to a 1-1 draw on Wednesday night.
Rivas' second goal of the season for Orlando City (6-3-2) was assisted by Victor Pagliari Giro and Kak�. Wondolowski, who quickly answered for San Jose (4-4-4), was set up by Tommy Thompson. After receiving a caroming corner kick at the top of the box, Thompson found Wondolowski near the left goal post for the tying score.
Kaka broke free for a final scoring chance for Orlando City in the 90th minute, but San Jose goalkeeper David Bingham made the save to preserve the draw.
Scoring opportunities were sparse almost all night, with the teams combining for 29 total shots but just seven on target.
This was the third all-time meeting between Orlando City and San Jose, with each ending in a tie.
Updated May 18, 2017