Earthquakes, Orlando City FC play to 1-1 draw
European Football Headlines
- Earthquakes fire coach Kinnear, promote ex-player Leitch
- FIFA's video review system under scrutiny again in Russia
- Saief, Dwyer, Rolda and Rowe among US Gold Cup newcomers
- Germany reaches Confed Cup semis amid more replay confusion
- Chile draws with Australia to reach Confed Cup semifinals
- Brazilian super-volunteer is back -- at her 2nd Confed Cup
- Russia has reasons for optimism despite Confed Cup exit
- Kashiwa Reysol maintains J-League lead with win over Sapporo
- European champion Portugal is not only about Ronaldo
- Timbers meet rival Sounders again
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Carlos Rivas scored in the 80th minute for Orlando City FC, and Chris Wondolowski tied it three minutes later for the San Jose Earthquakes as the clubs played to a 1-1 draw on Wednesday night.
Rivas' second goal of the season for Orlando City (6-3-2) was assisted by Victor Pagliari Giro and Kak�. Wondolowski, who quickly answered for San Jose (4-4-4), was set up by Tommy Thompson. After receiving a caroming corner kick at the top of the box, Thompson found Wondolowski near the left goal post for the tying score.
Kaka broke free for a final scoring chance for Orlando City in the 90th minute, but San Jose goalkeeper David Bingham made the save to preserve the draw.
Scoring opportunities were sparse almost all night, with the teams combining for 29 total shots but just seven on target.
This was the third all-time meeting between Orlando City and San Jose, with each ending in a tie.
Updated May 18, 2017