Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Man United beats Ajax 2-0, wins Europa League
- David Beckham on US Soccer Hall of Fame ballot
- MLS expansion update: Phoenix boost and St. Louis setback
- LAFC makes plan for training complex on Cal State LA campus
- Valverde dismisses deal to coach Barcelona
- Messi loses Supreme Court appeal over tax-fraud conviction
- Security tight ahead of Europa League final in Stockholm
- Man City, FIFA team up for CAS appeal by Velez Sarsfield
- Russia set to reclaim a seat on the FIFA Council
- Hulk scores 1, sets up another as Shanghai SIPG wins
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017