Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Argentina to open Russia's World Cup final venue in friendly
- Brighton adds to Bilic's woes with 3-0 win at West Ham
- Mallory Pugh out for 2nd South Korea match
- Montpellier continues good form with win at Saint-Etienne
- Goretzka scores again as Schalke beats Mainz in Bundesliga
- Murray scores 2 as Brighton wins at West Ham
- Argentina coach calls up Aguero and leaves Higuain out again
- Sky Blue's Sam Kerr named NWSL league MVP for 2017
- Arsenal-Everton Preview
- Morgan, Rapinoe lift US soccer past South Korea 3-1
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017