Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Chile and Bravo grind out wins over soccer's superstars
- Chile crush Portugal on penalties to reach Confed Cup final
- Tite: Brazil would have benefited from playing Confed Cup
- A leader at 23, Draxler mentors inexperienced Germany squad
- Not-so-shy Messi tying the knot with childhood sweetheart
- Zenit signs Russia internationals Erokhin and Poloz
- Ins and Outs: Transfer targets lined up in Premier League
- Germany coach wants clarity on Russia football doping claims
- FIFA publishes Garcia report on 2018-2022 World Cup bidding
- Germany beats England on penalties, into U21 Euros final
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017