Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Alves scores late winner as league leader PSG beats Nice 2-1
- Messi leads Barcelona to 2-0 win over Athletic Bilbao
- Tim Weah could make US Soccer debut against Paraguay
- Batshuayi strike keeps Dortmund 3rd with win over Hannover
- Icardi passes 2 century marks with 4-goal performance
- Southamption beats Wigan 2-0 in FA Cup in Hughes' 1st game
- Sevilla loses 2-1 to Leganes in Spanish league
- Podolski goal powers Vissel Kobe to 1st win in J-League
- Morocco bid: $16bn for 2026 World Cup venues, infrastructure
- Bizarre penalty in Porto win, Benfica triumph too
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017