Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Troubled career of banned soccer player Joey Barton
- Anglo-French soccer fraud probe sees raids on teams, arrests
- Sunderland manager Moyes charged by English FA
- Shanghai reaches knockout stage of Asian Champions League
- Wales defender Taylor banned for 2 games for harsh tackle
- Joey Barton banned for 18 months for betting on soccer
- Milovan Rajevac hired to coach Thailand's national team
- Stakes higher for 3rd showdown between Guardiola, Mourinho
- Costa ends goal drought to help Chelsea open up 7-point lead
- Brazil goalkeeper convicted in murder case returning to jail
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017