Meram, Kamara lead Crew to 2-1 win over Toronto FC
European Football Headlines
- Levante beats Villarreal 1-0 in its return to La Liga
- Rooney nets 200th EPL goal, Everton draws 1-1 at Man City
- Manchester City draws Everton with late goal
- Mixed debut for video review in Serie A
- Column: English soccer embraces payback for Asian money
- NZ striker Wood joins EPL side Burnley for club-record fee
- German police apologize after officers taunt player in video
- Samir Nasri leaves Man City for Turkish club Antalyaspor
- New York City FC, Seattle Sounders clinch stoppage-time wins
- Without Paulinho, Scolari targets Asian glory for Guangzhou
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram and Ola Kamara scored, and Zack Steffen made four saves to help the Columbus Crew beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Meram put Columbus (4-2-1) in front for good in the 44th minute, poking Alex Crognale's header - off a corner kick by Federico Higuain - into the net with the outside of his right foot.
Jozy Altidore gave Toronto (1-1-4) a 1-0 lead in the 21st, heading home a corner kick by Victor Vazquez. Kamara tied it about 16 minutes later, tapping in a perfect feed from Niko Hansen.
The 22-year-old Steffen tied his career high with four saves - including a sliding stop of Altidore in the 24th minute and a diving, right-handed save moments later.
TFC outshot the Crew 19-11.
Updated April 15, 2017