Seahawks sign first-round pick Rashaad Penny to rookie deal
- NFL: Congress should set gambling rules
- Giants CB Apple vows to have better year
- Redskins RB Guice adjusting to pro game
- ESPN to show Super Bowl Spanish telecast
- Cowboys' Williams arrested after crash
RENTON, Wash. (AP) The Seattle Seahawks signed first-round pick running back Rashaad Penny to his rookie contract Wednesday.
Penny was taken with the 27th overall selection. His contract is for four years with a team option for a fifth.
Penny was one of the elite running backs in college football last season as he became a full-time starter for the first time. He led the nation with 2,248 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns for San Diego State. Penny rushed for at least 200 yards in each of the final five games to close out the 2017 season and had 13 rushing TDs during the stretch.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 16, 2018