Steelers LB Shazier undergoes spinal stabilization surgery
- Saints add Marshall after Bryant injury
- Bengals fire DC after another bad loss
- Eagles lose CB Darby to torn ACL
- Mullens set for encore vs. Eli, Giants
- Embattled Cowboys rise up, beat Eagles
PITTSBURGH (AP) Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier underwent surgery on Wednesday night to stabilize his spine.
The team announced Thursday Drs. David Okonkwo and Joseph Maroon performed the surgery after Shazier was transferred from a hospital in Cincinnati to one in Pittsburgh.
The 25-year-old Shazier suffered the injury while hitting Cincinnati's Josh Malone in the first quarter of Pittsburgh's 23-20 victory over the Bengals on Monday night. Shazier motioned to his lower back immediately following the hit and was taken off the field on a stretcher.
The team offered no additional update on Shazier.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated December 7, 2017