Bills rookie receiver Jones sidelined with sprained knee
- Broncos give GM Elway 5-year extension
- Luck to hit PUP list, hopeful for opener
- Vikes' Murray on PUP list, Floyd on NFI
- Irvin won't be charged with sex assault
- Cowboys cut WR Whitehead after arrest
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) Buffalo Bills rookie receiver Zay Jones is listed week to week after spraining his knee during a recent practice.
The team provided the update on Thursday, when the Bills closed a three-day voluntary minicamp. The Bills didn't say when the injury occurred or which knee Jones hurt.
The injury presents a slight setback for a team overhauling its group of receivers. Jones was a second-round pick out of East Carolina and being counted upon to compete for the No. 2 receiver job opposite starter Sammy Watkins.
Watkins also isn't practicing because he's still recovering from surgery in January to repair a broken left foot.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 18, 2017