Michigan State QB has sprained knee
- Kansas lands Miami of Ohio WR Harwell
- 9-game schedule next potential SEC tweak
- Oregon releases notice of allegations
- Spanier wants criminal charges dismissed
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Michigan State quarterback Andrew Maxwell has a sprained right knee and is questionable for the team's April 28 spring game.
An athletic department spokesman says Maxwell will be sidelined at least one week after injuring himself in a scrimmage Saturday.
Maxwell is expected to take over at quarterback next season following the departure of senior Kirk Cousins. Maxwell attempted 26 passes last season.
Connor Cook was next on the spring depth chart as of late last month.
Updated April 17, 2012