Veteran ACC administrator Morrison to retire at end of year
- Furman stuns No. 8 Villanova 76-68 in OT
- Michigan routs GW in Tip-Off semifinal
- No. 24 Marquette rallies by Presbyterian
- Friars beat S. Carolina in Tip-Off semi
- Gibbs, Harvey key Irish win over Tribe
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) Longtime Atlantic Coast Conference administrator Brian Morrison is retiring at the end of this academic year.
Commissioner John Swofford announced the decision Tuesday, calling Morrison "a staple of the conference's communications department, and ... a wealth of information about all things ACC."
Morrison has been with the ACC since 1986, took over as the league's media relations director in 1990 and was promoted to associate commissioner of the league with a primary focus on men's basketball.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 28, 2018