NC State's Keatts undergoes knee surgery to repair tendon
- Schofield lifts No. 7 Vols by No. 1 Zags
- Texas edges Purdue despite Edwards' 40
- Guy, Jerome lead No. 4 Virginia over VCU
- No. 6 Nevada fends off Grand Canyon
- No. 15 Va. Tech rolls after cold start
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) North Carolina State coach Kevin Keatts is recovering from knee surgery.
Athletics spokesman Fred Demarest said Keatts needed the procedure Thursday to repair a torn right patellar tendon suffered Wednesday. Demarest said the surgery was successful and Keatts was resting at home.
Keatts didn't immediately return a text message from The Associated Press on Thursday evening.
Keatts completed his first season with the Wolfpack last month, leading N.C. State (21-12) back to the NCAA Tournament after a two-season absence to go with 11 Atlantic Coast Conference wins in the regular season.
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 12, 2018