UCF coach Johnny Dawkins gets 1-year contract extension
- TCU hands No. 7 WVU third loss in last 4
- Va. Tech pulls away to beat No. 10 UNC
- Bridges' 31 get Michigan St. by Illinois
- No. 13 Ohio State goes to 9-0 in Big Ten
- Kentucky's Top 25 run ends at 68 weeks
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) UCF has extended the contract of basketball coach Johnny Dawkins after a successful first season.
The school announced Thursday that Dawkins' current six-year contract has been extended by a year through 2023. The extension will add $1.5 million onto his current deal.
Last year, Dawkins guided the Knights to a 24-12 record and an appearance in the NIT Final Four. UCF doubled its win total from the previous year, the sixth biggest turnaround in NCAA Division I basketball last season.
Dawkins is a former Duke All-American who joined the Knights in 2016 after being fired at Stanford. His current contract pays him $1.1 million before incentives.
Updated August 10, 2017