UCF coach Johnny Dawkins gets 1-year contract extension
- Kansas fires AD with progress 'elusive'
- F Silva returning to South Carolina
- Georgia Tech G Okogie stays in draft
- Gophers get Milwaukee transfer Stull
- Louisville, ex-AD Jurich settle at $4.5M
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) UCF has extended the contract of basketball coach Johnny Dawkins after a successful first season.
The school announced Thursday that Dawkins' current six-year contract has been extended by a year through 2023. The extension will add $1.5 million onto his current deal.
Last year, Dawkins guided the Knights to a 24-12 record and an appearance in the NIT Final Four. UCF doubled its win total from the previous year, the sixth biggest turnaround in NCAA Division I basketball last season.
Dawkins is a former Duke All-American who joined the Knights in 2016 after being fired at Stanford. His current contract pays him $1.1 million before incentives.
Updated August 10, 2017