Manning adds 3 with Kansas ties to Tulsa staff
- Backup F Murphy transferring from Duke
- No. 4 Orange surging with new backcourt
- Gee approved as interim president at WVU
- No. 24 Aztecs hold off San Diego 65-64
- UNC stuns No. 1 Michigan State on road
TULSA, Okla. (AP) New Tulsa head coach Danny Manning's staff will have a distinct Kansas flavor.
Manning announced Thursday that he has hired Brett Ballard and Steve Woodberry to be assistants on his coaching staff.
Ballard spent the last two seasons as the head coach at Baker University and was previously on the Kansas staff with Manning. Woodberry was an assistant at Missouri State for the past six seasons.
Both previously played at Kansas, Manning's alma mater.
Manning also announced that San Francisco assistant coach Justin Bauman will be Tulsa's new director of basketball operations. He, too, has ties to Kansas as a former student manager and student assistant for the Jayhawks.
Updated April 12, 2012